“Excellence in Education”
To provide excellence in education through rich and diverse learning opportunities, enabling students to exercise intelligent control of their future.
The vision of Westwood Regional High School, serving the diverse communities of the Borough of Westwood and the Township of Washington, is to provide a sound and comprehensive education. This education process will ensure that our students have the knowledge, skills, and experiences which will enable them to make future life choices. It is our long-term goal that each student will use this knowledge, these skills and these experiences to reach his/her potential and thus become an actively contributing, productive member of the global community.
Westwood Regional High School Staff believe that:
- Children are our community’s most valuable asset and we value each individual child.
- All students have the right to a safe, positive, learning environment where diversity and individuality are respected and appreciated.
- Each student’s individual learning styles and needs shall be addressed.
- Students shall be empowered to be productive, organized, responsible, and self-directed individuals.
- Our school shall inspire pride, accomplishment, and growth in all students.
- Physical and mental well-being contribute to student success.
- Students shall be encouraged to become life-long learners.
- A sound and comprehensive education produces literate individuals who are effective problem solvers, critical thinkers, and users of technology.
- Our school has a responsibility to instill an awareness and appreciation of the global community and environment.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the students, faculty, staff, Board of Education, family, community, and government.