La Société Honoraire Française
L'homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux!
Société Honoraire de Français of the American Association of Teachers of French
The aim of this organization is to stimulate interest in the study of French, to promote high standards of scholarship, to reward scholastic achievements, to create enthusiasm for and an understanding of francophone culture civilization, to promote and perpetuate international friendship, and to reward efforts toward furthering solidarity in the French speaking world.
General Eligibility Requirements to be met by all students:
- Membership shall be based on scholarship in general and scholarship in French in particular, leadership in French activities and interest, either in a group or as an individual.
- Membership shall be restricted to those students actively engaged in the study of French in a secondary school.
- Candidates must be in the 9th (if they have taken 8th grade French), 10th, 11th or 12th grade of high school.
- Transfer students must have spent at least one full semester in the high school before becoming eligible.
- Selection of candidates may take place at any time an Executive Secretary, each elected for a term of two years.
Scholastic Eligibility Requirements to be met by all students:
- The student must be enrolled in the study of a French Honors course at the time of initiation.
- Candidates must have maintained an A- (89.5 or higher) average in French during the semester of selection, as well as an average cumulative grade of A-, for all French secondary school credit.
- Candidates must have maintained a B- (79.5 or higher) average or higher in all other subjects during the semester of selection, as well as an average cumulative grade of B- in all other subjects for work awarded secondary school credit. French may not be used to calculate this average.