In the event of any change to the normal operation of the school day, specific information can be obtained in any of the following ways:
- Through automated phone call, email, text message, Facebook and/or Twitter. If any of your contact information has changed, please update it in the Genesis Parent Portal.
- Via the District Website atwww.wwrsd.org.
- Calling the District Switchboard – 201-664-0880 after 6:00 a.m.
TYPES OF CHANGES
1.ALL DAY CLOSING
- All extracurricular activities, practices, and school-aged childcare programs are cancelled.
- All schools will open 90 minutes later than their normal start times (High School – 9:30 a.m.; Middle School – 9:45 a.m.; Grades K-5 – 10:15 a.m.; and Pre-School – 10:20 a.m. STAFF WILL REPORT 90 MINUTES LATER THAN THEIR OFFICIAL START TIME.
- All before school clubs and Champions before care programs will be cancelled.
- All bus pick-ups will be 90 minutes after normal time.
- All students will be dismissed at their normal time.
3.DELAYED OPENING CHANGED TO AN ALL DAY CLOSING
- Sound of the siren at 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. will signal this change. District websites, switchboard, and phone chain messages will be updated as well.
4.ONE SESSION DAY (EARLY DISMISSAL)
- Sounding of sirens at 11:00 a.m.
- Pre-School will be dismissed – 12:05 p.m.
- Grades K-5 will be dismissed at 12:45 p.m.
- Middle School will be dismissed at 12:36 p.m.
- All Jr./Sr. High School students will be dismissed at 12:16 p.m.
- Lunch will not be served in any building.
- If dismissal occurs during height of storm, students (other than those transported by bus) will be permitted to remain at school until storm subsides.
- Staff will remain until students have left the buildings.
It is requested that parents and students observe the signals, websites, and phone calls as indicated above. Please refrain from calling the local Police Departments or school authorities for information to ensure that telephone lines remain clear for emergencies.
Updated on 9/5/18